Turners & Liam Lawson Sponsorship
Photo credit: Geoff Ridder. COPYRIGHT FREE IMAGE: (1) Shutter Media.co.nz) (2) Emilee Jane Photography) (3) Red Bull Content Pool
Turners are proud to be sponsoring Kiwi driver Liam Lawson in 2023
From the moment he drove a race kart at the age of 6, Liam has had a burning desire to race single-seater cars at the highest level, Formula 1. Turners got on board with Liam in 2018 when he was just 16 and needed support to get to Europe and the German (ADAC) F4 competition.
A Red Bull Junior driver since he signed a multi-year driver contract on his 17th birthday, Liam has progressed with backing from the global energy drink company through EFO, Formula 3, Formula 2, and now he is competing in the 2023 Super Formula Championship with Team Mugen.
“Supporting Liam has always made sense for the company – but it wasn’t just that. We really do believe in him and his dream to be a F1 driver. Right from the start the team here related strongly to Liam’s down to earth style. But we also recognised in him a similar drive to succeed. Liam is a very approachable, nice guy. But if you talk to him you’ll soon realise that he is very focused on his goal and determined to do the hard work to get there. We’re proud to be supporting a young kiwi in one of the most fiercely competitive arenas on the planet. And we will continue to believe in him and his dream”
– Greg Hedgepeth: CEO at Turners Auto Retail.
“I'm very grateful to have an iconic New Zealand company like Turners supporting me. Although I’m too young to remember Scott (Dixon) racing in Turners colours I’ve seen his posters about. I feel like I’m in very good company!”
– Liam Lawson
Liam Lawson has achieved his dream of being a F1 Driver
Turners has been supporting Liam on his quest since 2018 when he was just 16 and began racing F4 in Europe. It’s been a privilege to be a part of this journey over the past 5 years. We’ve watched him go from strength to strength and succeed at every level and competition that he has been involved in. Congratulations Liam – you are an outstanding New Zealander and we’re proud to have helped you achieve your dream.
- 12th November 2023 - "Liam Lawson Rodin FZED Unleashed"
- 18th September 2023 - "Lawson scores first world championship points in Singapore"
- 28th August 2023 - "Solid F1 debut for Lawson at Zandvoort"
- 21st August 2023 - "Disaster at motegi for Lawson"
- 17th July 2023 - "Fuji double for Lawson"
- 16th July 2023 - "Liam responds on AlphaTauri replacement"
- 19th June 2023 - "Lawson slips to second after Sugo"
- 22nd May 2023 - "Another win puts Lawson in the lead of Super Formula"
- 24th April 2023 - "Fourth for Lawson at Suzuka"
- 21st April 2023 - "Lawson expects stronger challenge at Suzuka"
- 4th April 2023 - "Watch Lawson's Super Formula debut this weekend on new live stream platform"
- 27th February 2023 - "Rodin Cars back with Lawson for Japanese campaign"
- 2nd February 2023 - "Liam Lawson goes from kart to F1 car to kart over three weekends"
- 27th January 2023 - "Liam Lawson to drive F1 demos at Bathurst"
As Liam slowly achieves his goals, Turners also continued with sponsoring Liam on his quest to become an F1 Driver. Liam managed to complete the F2 season with a double podium and took the third position in the Formula 2 championship.
- 13th December 2022 - "Lawson to race in Japan next year"
- 21st November 2022 - "Lawson finishes season with a double podium"
- 26th October 2022 - "Lawson back in Alpha Tauri F1 this weekend"
- 13th June 2022 - "Another podium and another disappointment"
- 30th May 2022 - "Disastrous weekend for Lawson"
- 23rd May 2022 - "Lawson holds onto fourth"
- 27th April 2022 - "Broken steering for Lawson at Imola"
- 28th March 2022 - "Wheel falls off Lawson's podium streak"
- 21st March 2022 - "Double podium in Bahrain for Lawson"
- 24th January 2022 - "Rodin continues to blitz records"
- 17th January 2022 - "Rodin's FZED smashes lap record at Highlands"
- 16th January 2022 - "Lawson receives grant from TQF to support his Formula 2 campaign"
- 14th January 2022 - "Lawson confirmed at Carlin for F2"
- 11th January 2022 - "Lawson's excited to drive Rodin at Highlands this weekend"
The Turners logo was proudly displayed on Liam's racing suit and race car in 2021 when he returned to F2.
- 22nd December 2021 - "Liam Lawson to drive Rodin FZED"
- 9th December 2021 - "Rodin Cars continue backing Lawson"
- 7th December 2021 - "Lawson says Jeddah not dangerous"
- 15th October 2021 - "Tough Week "Missed a championship and now, missed MIQ again""
- 11th October 2021 - "Lawson cruelly denied DTM title"
- 8th October 2021 - "Two Kiwis, two Ferraris, one final"
- 4th October 2021 - "Lawson leads into DTM final"
- 20th September 2021 - "Double podium puts Lawson on top"
- 13th September 2021 - "Lawson's F2 charge literally extinguished"
- 6th September 2021 - "Double victory for Lawson at the Red Bull Ring"
- 2nd September 2021 - "Lawson positive heading to the Red Bull Ring"
- 11th August 2021 - "Driving the Rodin FZED at Donington - Live!"
- 26th July 2021 - "Double podium for Lawson in Germany
- 13th July 2021 - "Rodin Cars sets Donington Park afire with it's incredible Rodin FZED single-seater"
- 8th July 2021 - "Liam Lawson to drive F1 car"
- 4th July 2021 - "Lawson to drive Rodin FZED"
- 20th June 2021 - "Lawson makes history at Monza!"
- 18th June 2021 - "Lawson & Ferrari make DTM debut at Monza"
- 8th June 2021 - "Pole, fastest lap & fightback for Lawson"
- 18th January 2021 - "Lawson to race Formula 2"
Liam has remained in the Turners sponsorship family for his 2020 return to F3 and last years’ Formula 2 debut.
- 3rd November 2020 - "Lawson to make saloon car debut"
- 14th September 2020 - "Lights to flag victory for Lawson in season finale"
- 31st August 2020 - "Another podium for Lawson"
- 20th July 2020 - "Two engine failures sideline Lawson in Hungary"
- 4th March 2020 - "Lawson's suit raises $4,000 for The Gut Cancer Foundation"
- 25th February 2020 - "Lawson tops the stats in TRS but Fraga wins the talley and the title"
- 3rd February 2020 - "Lawson to race Re Bull Ferrari"
- 30th January 2020 - "Lawson announced for Hitech returning to FIA F3 this season"
- 28th January 2020 - "Southern double for Lawson and a points lead heading North"
- 22nd January 2020 - "Winning start of Lawson in opening round of Toyota Racing Series"'
- 11th January 2020 - "Early Birthday present for Lawson NZ Motor Cup win and lap record at Pukekohe"
In 2019 Turners continued support for Liam's dual championship campaign in Europe when he raced both European Formula Open and FIA F3. Returning home for summer, Turners again were joint title sponsor for the TRS campaign, Liam finishing as vice champion.
- 5th December 2019 - "Lawson wins big at Sports Awards"
- 19th November 2019 - "Lawson storms to 7th at Macau GP - 19th November"
- 18th October 2019 - "Lawson to race at Macau Grand Prix"
- 16th October 2019 - "Lawson wins at Monza, 2nd in championship"
- 10th October 2019 - "Lawson's final fling in Euroformula Open at Monza"
- 1st October 2019 - " Lawson saves his best for last"
- 23th September 2019 - "Lawson chases down 2nd place"
- 9th September 2019 - "Lawson on the podium at Monza"
- 2nd September 2019 -"Lawson still searching for speed"
- 2nd August 2019 - "Lawson hungry for more in Hungary"
- 15th July 2019 - "First Podium for Lawson"
- 12th July 2019 - "Lawson ready for British GP outing"
- 8th July 2019 - "Start-line stall costs lawson championship position in Hungary"
- 1st July 2019 - "Tough weekend at the Ring for Lawson"
- 24th June 2019 - "Two points scoring races for Lawson"
- 24th June 2019 - "Lawson looks to reset his F3 championship"
- 10th June 2019 - "Lawson crashes out of the lead at Spa"
- 10th June 2019 - "Lawson takes another podium in EFO"
- 7th June 2019 - "Lawson resumes title chase at Spa"
- 27th May 2019 - "Liam Lawson wins Steel Trophy"
- 27th May 2019 - "Lawson ends free practice second quickest"
- 21st May 2019 - "Lawson still leads Euroformula Open"
- 20th May 2019 - "Lawson Converts pole into runaway win"
- 20th May 2019 - "Lawson dominates wet sessions at Pau"
- 17th May 2019 - "Lawson ready for street battle"
- 14th May 2019 - "Good race pace some consolation for Lawson"
- 14th May 2019 - "Throttle motor failure handicaps Lawson in opening race of FIA F3 at Barcelona"
- 12th May 2019 - "Difficult start for Lawson in FIA F3 at Barcelona"
- 29th April 2019 - "Lawson leads championship after first round"
- 28th April 2019 - "Lawson wins on debut"
- 26th April 2019 - "Lawson top on debut"
- 18th April 2019 - "Both Kiwis finish in top 4"
- 11th April 2019 - "Lawson pipped in the morning session, fastest Kiwi in the afternoon"
- 10th April 2019 - "Lawson sixth and best Kiwi on final day of FIA F3 testing at Barcelona
- 5th April 2019 - "Euroformula Open added to Lawson's programme"
- 25th March 2019 - "Lawson enjoys first run in Red Bull colours"
- 11th March 2019 - "Lawson to race in dual championships in Europe"
The Turners Automotive Group became the title sponsor when Liam first ventured to Europe to race in Formula 4 with Netherlands based Van Amersfoort Racing in 2018. At the end of that year, Turners continued support as a joint title sponsor for Liam's debut in the Toyota Racing series (TRS), winning on debut and going on to become NZ Grand Prix winner and TRS Champion.
- 24th December 2018 "Lawson fastest in Spanish F3 test"
- Fast Kiwi Lawson lands Toyota Racing Series seat - Speedcafe article
- 26th November 2018 - "Asian F3 clean sweep for Lawson"
- 20th November 2018 - "Lawson to race Asian F3 this weekend"
- 24th September 2018 - "Lawson claims runner-up in German F4 championship"
- 21st September 2018 - "Lawson's Formula 4 finale"
- 6th August 2018 - "Lawson in three-way fight for runner-up spot"
- 23rd July 2018 - "Another podium and Pole for Lawson in Germany"
- 11th June 2018 - "Another win for Lawson"
- 8th June 2018 - "Lawson to Red Bull Ring as a championship contender"
- 22nd May 2018 - "Double victories for Lawson at Lausitzring"
- 17th May 2018 - "Lawson heads to Lausitzring"
- 7th May 2018 - "More podiums for Lawson"
- 3rd May 2018 - "Lawson ready for Hockenheim"
- 16th April 2018 - "Podium on debut for Lawson"
- 12th April 2018 - "Lawson starts German F4 this weekend"
- You can check out Liam's website here: http://liamlawson.co.nz/
- Follow Liam on his Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/LiamLawson30/
- Follow Liam on Twitter for regular updates: https://twitter.com/LiamLawson30