Turners & Liam Lawson Sponsorship
Photo credit: Geoff Ridder
Turners are proud to be sponsoring young Kiwi driver Liam Lawson in 2019.
New Zealand teenage motor racing champion Liam Lawson will race in the all-new FIA F3 championship, featuring at 8 rounds of Formula 1 in Europe this season.
Lawson, who recently signed for the Red Bull Junior Team to contest Formula European Masters (FEM) with Motopark from Germany, will also drive for the Dutch team MP Motorsport in the brand new Formula 3 series.
Lawson has been named as the Red Bull driver in the MP squad alongside local Richard Verschoor and young Finnish driver Simo Laaksonen. Both of his teammates have previous GP3 experience, the car replaced this year by the new halo-fitted version, and now called FIA F3.
- View Liam's progress update from 11th April - "Lawson pipped in the morning session, fastest Kiwi in the afternoon"
- View Liam's progress update from 10th April - "Lawson sixth and best Kiwi on final day of FIA F3 testing at Barcelona
- View Liam's progress update from 5th April - "Euroformula Open added to Lawson's programme"
- View Liam's progress update from 25th March - "Lawson enjoys first run in Red Bull colours"
- View Liam's progress update from 11th March - "Lawson to race in dual championships in Europe"
- View Liam's progress update from - 24th December "Lawson fastest in Spanish F3 test"
- Fast Kiwi Lawson lands Toyota Racing Series seat - Speedcafe article
- View Liam's progress update from 26th November - "Asian F3 clean sweep for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 20th November - "Lawson to race Asian F3 this weekend"
- View Liam's progress update from 24th September - "Lawson claims runner-up in German F4 championship"
- View Liam's progress update from 21st September - "Lawson's Formula 4 finale"
- View Liam's progress update from 6th August - "Lawson in three-way fight for runner-up spot"
- View Liam's progress update from 23rd July - "Another podium and Pole for Lawson in Germany"
- View Liam's progress update from 11th June - "Another win for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 8th June - "Lawson to Red Bull Ring as a championship contender"
- View Liam's progress update from 22nd May - "Double victories for Lawson at Lausitzring"
- View Liam's progerss update from 17th May - "Lawson heads to Lausitzring"
- View Liam's progress update from 7th May - "More podiums for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 3rd May - "Lawson ready for Hockenheim"
- View Liam's progress update from 16th April, "Podium on debut for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 12th April, "Lawson starts German F4 this weekend"
Calendar 2019 - FEM & FIA F3:
04-05 May, FEM Hockenheim, Germany
10-11 May, FIA F3 Barcelona, Spain
17-18 May, FEM Zolder, Belgium
07-08 June, FEM Misano, Italy
21-22 June, FIA F3 Paul Ricard, France
28-29 June, FIA F3 Red Bull Ring, Austria
05-06 July, FEM Norisring, Germany
12-13 July, FIA F3 Silverstone, UK
19-10 July, FEM Assen. Netherlands
02-03 August, FIA F3 Hungaroring, Hungary
09-10 August, FEM Brands Hatch, UK
23-24 August, FEM Lausitzring, Germany
30-31 August, FIA F3 Spa, Belgium
06-07 September, FIA F3 Monza, Italy
13-14 September, FEM Nurburgring, Germany
27-28 September, FIA F3 Sochi, Russia
04-05 October, FEM Hockenheim, Germany
You can check out Liam's website here http://liamlawson.nz/
Follow Liam on his Facebook page for regular updates, https://www.facebook.com/LiamLawson30/
Follow Liam on Twitter for regular updates, https://twitter.com/LiamLawson30
“I'm very grateful to have an iconic New Zealand company like Turners supporting me. Although I’m too young to remember Scott (Dixon) racing in Turners colours I’ve seen his posters about. I feel like I’m in very good company!”
Check out this video of Liam's testing in a Formula 3 car at the Rodin Cars FZED facility in North Canterbury here.
He was interviewed on TV One news in October, you can view this video here.