Turners & Liam Lawson Sponsorship
Photo credit: Geoff Ridder
Turners are proud to be sponsoring young Kiwi driver Liam Lawson in 2019.
New Zealand teenage motor racing champion Liam Lawson will race in the all-new FIA F3 championship, featuring at 8 rounds of Formula 1 in Europe this season.
Lawson, who recently signed for the Red Bull Junior Team to contest Formula European Masters (FEM) with Motopark from Germany, will also drive for the Dutch team MP Motorsport in the brand new Formula 3 series.
Lawson has been named as the Red Bull driver in the MP squad alongside local Richard Verschoor and young Finnish driver Simo Laaksonen. Both of his teammates have previous GP3 experience, the car replaced this year by the new halo-fitted version, and now called FIA F3.
- 18th October - "Lawson to race at Macau Grand Prix"
- 16th October "Lawson wins at Monza, 2nd in championship"
- 10th October "Lawson's final fling in Euroformula Open at Monza"
- 1st October 2019 - " Lawson saves his best for last"
- 23th September 2019 - "Lawson chases down 2nd place"
- 9th September 2019 - "Lawson on the podium at Monza"
- 2nd September 2019 -"Lawson still searching for speed"
- 2nd August 2019 - "Lawson hungry for more in Hungary"
- 15th July 2019 - "First Podium for Lawson"
- 12th July 2019 - "Lawson ready for British GP outing"
- 8th July 2019 - "Start-line stall costs lawson championship position in Hungary"
- 1st July 2019 - "Tough weekend at the Ring for Lawson"
- 24th June 2019 - "Two points scoring races for Lawson"
- 24th June 2019 - "Lawson looks to reset his F3 championship"
- 10th June 2019 - "Lawson crashes out of the lead at Spa"
- 10th June 2019 - "Lawson takes another podium in EFO"
- 7th June 2019 - "Lawson resumes title chase at Spa"
- 27th May 2019 - "Liam Lawson wins Steel Trophy"
- 27th May 2019 - "Lawson ends free practice second quickest"
- 21st May 2019 - "Lawson still leads Euroformula Open"
- 20th May 2019 - "Lawson Converts pole into runaway win"
- 20th May 2019 - "Lawson dominates wet sessions at Pau"
- 17th May 2019 - "Lawson ready for street battle"
- 14th May 2019 - "Good race pace some consolation for Lawson"
- 14th May 2019 - "Throttle motor failure handicaps Lawson in opening race of FIA F3 at Barcelona"
- 12th May 2019 - "Difficult start for Lawson in FIA F3 at Barcelona"
- 29th April 2019 - "Lawson leads championship after first round"
- 28th April 2019 - "Lawson wins on debut"
- 26th April 2019 - "Lawson top on debut"
- 18th April 2019 - "Both Kiwis finish in top 4"
- 11th April 2019 - "Lawson pipped in the morning session, fastest Kiwi in the afternoon"
- 10th April 2019 - "Lawson sixth and best Kiwi on final day of FIA F3 testing at Barcelona
- 5th April 2019 - "Euroformula Open added to Lawson's programme"
- 25th March 2019 - "Lawson enjoys first run in Red Bull colours"
- 11th March 2019 - "Lawson to race in dual championships in Europe"
- 24th December 2018 "Lawson fastest in Spanish F3 test"
- Fast Kiwi Lawson lands Toyota Racing Series seat - Speedcafe article
- 26th November 2018 - "Asian F3 clean sweep for Lawson"
- 20th November 2018 - "Lawson to race Asian F3 this weekend"
- 24th September 2018 - "Lawson claims runner-up in German F4 championship"
- 21st September 2018 - "Lawson's Formula 4 finale"
- 6th August 2018 - "Lawson in three-way fight for runner-up spot"
- 23rd July 2018 - "Another podium and Pole for Lawson in Germany"
- 11th June 2018 - "Another win for Lawson"
- 8th June 2018 - "Lawson to Red Bull Ring as a championship contender"
- 22nd May 2018 - "Double victories for Lawson at Lausitzring"
- 17th May 2018 - "Lawson heads to Lausitzring"
- 7th May 2018 - "More podiums for Lawson"
- 3rd May 2018 - "Lawson ready for Hockenheim"
- 16th April 2018 - "Podium on debut for Lawson"
- 12th April 2018 - "Lawson starts German F4 this weekend"
Calendar 2019 - FEM & FIA F3:
04-05 May, FEM Hockenheim, Germany
10-11 May, FIA F3 Barcelona, Spain
17-18 May, FEM Zolder, Belgium
07-08 June, FEM Misano, Italy
21-22 June, FIA F3 Paul Ricard, France
28-29 June, FIA F3 Red Bull Ring, Austria
05-06 July, FEM Norisring, Germany
12-13 July, FIA F3 Silverstone, UK
19-10 July, FEM Assen. Netherlands
02-03 August, FIA F3 Hungaroring, Hungary
09-10 August, FEM Brands Hatch, UK
23-24 August, FEM Lausitzring, Germany
30-31 August, FIA F3 Spa, Belgium
06-07 September, FIA F3 Monza, Italy
13-14 September, FEM Nurburgring, Germany
27-28 September, FIA F3 Sochi, Russia
04-05 October, FEM Hockenheim, Germany
You can check out Liam's website here http://liamlawson.nz/
Follow Liam on his Facebook page for regular updates, https://www.facebook.com/LiamLawson30/
Follow Liam on Twitter for regular updates, https://twitter.com/LiamLawson30
“I'm very grateful to have an iconic New Zealand company like Turners supporting me. Although I’m too young to remember Scott (Dixon) racing in Turners colours I’ve seen his posters about. I feel like I’m in very good company!”
Check out this video of Liam's testing in a Formula 3 car at the Rodin Cars FZED facility in North Canterbury here.
He was interviewed on TV One news in October, you can view this video here.