Turners & Liam Lawson Sponsorship
Photo credit: Geoff Ridder
Turners are proud to be sponsoring young Kiwi driver Liam Lawson in the 2019 Toyota Racing Series.
Talented young New Zealander Liam Lawson has been named as a driver for M2 Competition in next year’s Castrol Toyota Racing Series. The Pukekohe teen fell just short of the 16-year-old age minimum for this year’s TRS season, on which his birthday fell on the final day.
Lawson will enter the 2019 campaign as the current ADAC Formel 4 (Germany) runner-up, having finished in the same position in last year’s CAMS Payce Australian Formula 4 Championship.
He is also the youngest Formula Ford champion in the world having taken out New Zealand’s Formula 1600 Championship in 2016/17 with 14 race wins out of 15.
The season will again run over five consecutive weekends, starting at Highlands Motorsport Park on January 10-13.
- View Liam's progress update from - 24th December "Lawson fastest in Spanish F3 test"
- Fast Kiwi Lawson lands Toyota Racing Series seat - Speedcafe article
- View Liam's progress update from 26th November - "Asian F3 clean sweep for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 20th November - "Lawson to race Asian F3 this weekend"
- View Liam's progress update from 24th September - "Lawson claims runner-up in German F4 championship"
- View Liam's progress update from 21st September - "Lawson's Formula 4 finale"
- View Liam's progress update from 6th August - "Lawson in three-way fight for runner-up spot"
- View Liam's progress update from 23rd July - "Another podium and Pole for Lawson in Germany"
- View Liam's progress update from 11th June - "Another win for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 8th June - "Lawson to Red Bull Ring as a championship contender"
- View Liam's progress update from 22nd May - "Double victories for Lawson at Lausitzring"
- View Liam's progerss update from 17th May - "Lawson heads to Lausitzring"
- View Liam's progress update from 7th May - "More podiums for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 3rd May - "Lawson ready for Hockenheim"
- View Liam's progress update from 16th April, "Podium on debut for Lawson"
- View Liam's progress update from 12th April, "Lawson starts German F4 this weekend"
You can check out Liam's website here http://liamlawson.nz/
Follow Liam on his Facebook page for regular updates, https://www.facebook.com/LiamLawson30/
Follow Liam on Twitter for regular updates, https://twitter.com/LiamLawson30
“I'm very grateful to have an iconic New Zealand company like Turners supporting me. Although I’m too young to remember Scott (Dixon) racing in Turners colours I’ve seen his posters about. I feel like I’m in very good company!”
Check out this video of Liam's testing in a Formula 3 car at the Rodin Cars FZED facility in North Canterbury here.
He was interviewed on TV One news in October, you can view this video here.