In 1967 a farmer asked the people at Turners & Growers if they could sell his truck as well as his fruit and vege. They did. And nearly 50 years later Turners Group is going strong as the largest seller of cars and trucks & machinery in New Zealand. We also cover motorcycles, boats, caravans … in fact nearly anything that can be bought or sold, we buy and sell. And if you need finance or insurance, our friendly staff are onsite to assist.
We hold around 25 auctions each week that can be attended on-site or accessed from anywhere in the country via Turners Live.
From tractors to trucks, clothing to caravans, motorbikes to machinery, tools to equipment – even the odd Mig-21 fighter jet – our branches value, market and sell a vast range of goods via outcry and online auction, tender and BuyNow. The business operates in a variety of business areas via our nationwide network of branches.
Turners’ Specialist Branches:
- Cars: Each week we put hundreds of cars under the hammer, and our regular auction calendar caters for everything from budget cars, late model cars to light commercial vehicles and even prestige cars.
- BuyNow: Our branches provide access to a wide range of stock, including cars, trucks and machinery, at a fixed price. We call this BuyNow. This means that when buyers see something they like, they have the opportunity to purchase ‘on the spot’, without having to go through the auction process.
- Trucks & Machinery: Whether for agricultural, freight, forestry, transport, roading or mining, our Trucks and Machinery branches successfully sell assets for a wide variety of industries. These are sold through our weekly, online ‘National Truck and Machinery Auction’ as well as by event auction, tender and BuyNow.
- Damaged & End of Life Cars: Our Damaged and End of Life Cars branches specialise in turning damaged, wrecked and written off vehicles into dollars, and are used by many of the country’s largest insurers and court seized cars. With almost every type of vehicle going under the hammer including motorcycles, damaged motorcycles, damaged trucks and trailers, damaged light commercials and cars at the end of their life.
- Turners Finance: With dedicated staff operating at every Turners branch around the country, our Finance team represents a fast-growing segment of our business. It provides personal finance for a range of purposes, from car loans to holidays and offers highly competitive terms and rates.
- General Goods: Every week our General Goods branches sell thousands of items for vendors including receivers and liquidators, insurers, wholesalers, importers and general business. From machinery to clothing, computers to electronics, catering equipment to whiteware, alcohol to appliances; you name it, we have almost certainly sold it.