Privacy and Electronic Messages Terms and Conditions
The terms in this policy which relate to Privacy apply to all natural persons whereas the provisions in clause 9 which relate to Electronic Messages apply to all persons.
Your privacy is important Turners Automotive Group (Turners) and Turners wants to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The Website terms and conditions found here: www.turners.co.nz/Company/Terms-and-Conditions/ contains further information specifically relating to privacy when using Turners website.
2. Information that we collect
You agree that Turners may collect, store and use personal information about you which you have provided to us in any form or via our website.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with the best possible customer experience and help our customers buy from us and/or sell to us.
If you are going to do a test drive we will require your drivers license.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Collection and storage of personal information
Any personal information you provide will be held in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 2020 and this policy.
Personal information may be held by Turners (or its agents) electronically or in hardcopy (in New Zealand or elsewhere) but in all cases Turners will control that information.
5. Use of your personal information
Turners may use your personal information:
- for the purposes you provided it to Turners;
- if you have provided Turners with an email address or phone number, to send you email or text messages to market or promote goods and services provided by Turners;
- to operate the Turners website and deliver the services you have requested;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Turners and its affiliates. Turners may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- to contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party;
- and share that data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Turners, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
6. Who we share your information with
Turners does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Turners may pass your personal information on to any subsidiary of Turners or other person authorised or licenced by Turners so that person can use your personal information for the purposes you provided it to Turners or in accordance with the electronic messages section of these terms and conditions.
Turners will not release your personal information to any third party except where required to, permitted to by law, where you have authorised us to do so or where disclosure is connected to the purpose for which the information was collected.
7. Access to, editing and deleting personal information
You may also ask us for access to, correction of or deletion of any personal information that we hold about you. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal information provided to us is accurate. You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you by emailing a written request to email@example.com
If you have any further questions relating to this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to;
Head of Marketing
c/o Turners Group NZ Limited
PO Box 112 022
9. Electronic Messages
If you provide us with your email address or phone number then you have agreed to Turners providing you with unsolicited information about goods and services offered by Turners in electronic form to that email address. Every unsolicited email or text which Turners sends you containing information about goods and services offered by Turners will include the following:
- an unsubscribe facility which will remove your email address or phone number from marketing lists within 5 working days of Turners receiving your unsubscribe request; and
You may request that Turners remove you from any or all distribution lists at any time by either contacting Turners in writing, email or using the functional unsubscribe feature on an email you may have received from Turners.