Buying & selling vehicles during Level 2 & 3
These are the Turners Cars guidelines when we are in alert Level 2 and 3.
In alert Level 2, our branches are open for business again with safety measures in place.
When you come in and see us, we do ask that you help us maintain safety guidelines as below. All our staff will be wearing masks. Our commitment remains firm to keep our staff and our customers safe. There have been processes put in place around sanitizing goods and high traffic areas.
- Level 2 means you can interact with us just like normal, but with a big focus on safety, which is our first priority. The rules below must be followed
- You must wear a mask, if you do not have one, we can provide one
- Scan the QR code to sign in
- Maintain 2 metre social distancing rules
- Make use of our hand sanitiser
Selling your car during level 3:
- If you are in Level 3 please start the booking form here and one of the team will be in touch to talk you through our safe process
100% online purchasing using BuyNow
1. If you are interested in buying a vehicle or machinery during level 3 either
- Contact the sales consultant on the listing of the vehicle or asset that you wish to purchase. There are options to call or email and one of the team will quickly be in touch to discuss your situation and how we can help
- Call 0800 887 637 and speak to one of our friendly contact centre team email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once you are happy to purchase you will need to click the BuyNow button, register on the website if you have not already, and then
- A $500 deposit will be taken on your credit card
- If you change your mind your $500 deposit is refundable, full terms and conditions here
- A confirmation email will be sent to you
- It will have a Turners Bank account for a Direct Credit to be done
- If you do the payment it should reach Turners by the following mornings latest
- Please let our team know when you are planning on paying. The vehicle cannot be handed over until the payment has been received
3. You will receive another email with some further documentation:
- Vehicle Condition Guide (VCG)
- CIN card
- You will need to either print these out and sign them ready for when the vehicle is delivered, or
- Or sign and scan the docs and email back with a copy of your Driver licence (both sides and the signature matches) or Passport
- Please ensure you complete a change of ownership on the NZTA website here https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/NoticeOfAcquisition/entry
Delivery during level 3:
Once payment is received, change of ownership processed and you have confirmed whether the documentation will be emailed back or we will collect, the vehicle or asset can be handed over.
- You can collect the vehicle or asset from the Turners branch where it is located by arranging a time with your sales consultant
- If you are purchasing a damaged vehicle, you will need to use a commercial transport to collect your vehicle
- If you require delivery Turners will endeavour to deliver the vehicle or asset within a few days. Your consultant will give clarity on this
- You will be required show proof of ID and sign a release docket before the keys are handed over
- We will not be able to deliver every vehicle to every location - your consultant will have given advice on this at the beginning of this process. Turners does want to abide by level 3 rules as well as help customers
Getting Finance and insurance during level 3:
- We are able to do this remotely. Our Business Manager can handle this over the telephone and have all relevant documents emailed to you
- For customers interested in finance please discuss with your consultant. Our Business Managers can arrange all finance and insurance requirements you may have without you having to leave home
- We can process your application over the phone or you can apply on line if you wish. Our end to end process is quick, very easy and 100% contactless using remote ID verification and income confirmation systems
- You could only be a few minutes away from having your loan approved. We have created easy-to-follow steps that allow us to gather the information we need to assess your application. As soon as you've finished you'll know if you've been conditionally approved - it's that easy!