Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
Our Car Insurance is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited. Find out about their Financial Strength Rating.
If you are not completely happy with the cover provided by your policy, you can cancel it within 15 days of the start of the period of insurance, provided you have not made a claim under your policy. After that the policy is not refundable. We have discretion as to whether we will allow a transfer of your policy to another person. Please refer to the policy wording for full policy terms and conditions. Call us on 0800 267 873 to discuss your policy with us.
You can call us on 0800 267 873 and we’ll be happy to change the contact address we have for you.
You can pay online directly to Vero with your credit or debit card. Please use your Customer PRN and policy number as the reference.
If you’ve had an accident or your car has been stolen, phone 0800 674 678 to get assistance with your claim. Our car insurance claims are managed by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited and Gallagher Bassett.
It’s important to do these things before making your claim:
- ensure everyone is safe and contact emergency services if anyone has been injured in an accident
- notify the police if your car has been stolen or maliciously damaged (note the police record report number and officer details)
- take all reasonable care to prevent further loss or liability.
4 Simple Steps to Making a Claim (based on your claim being accepted)
1. Call us with your registration and policy number to lodge your claim.
2. You take your car to a reputable repairer and give them your claim number. They'll take photos of the damage and email them to us with a quote to repair your car.
3. Your car will be assessed to ensure quality repairs and costs are fair and reasonable.
4. We’ll manage the process and payments with the repairer, and keep you updated on progress.
If this is the only damage to your car phone 0800 674 678 to lodge your claim and find a reputable glass company to repair the damage. Depending on the policy you have with us you may have to pay an excess if the windscreen needs replacing.
It’s important to get as much information from them as possible e.g. drivers full name, drivers licence no, address, phone number, car registration, insurance company (if any). If you’re not at fault for the accident and we have other person’s details, we may waive your excess.
Do not admit fault for the damage/accident and do not promise to pay for any costs. Tell them we’re your insurance company and they can call us on 0800 674 678.